Keto Chocolate cake, I loveeeee the cake!
So after looking at various new recipes to try, I came across one that would satisfy a sweet tooth. I came across one on the Headbangers Kitchen Youtube channel. However I thought that I would write up a version as I struggled to keep up with the video. I must have watched it 20 times.
The idea of 85% chocolate scared me a bit at first as I’m not a fan, however, this cake was really nice, and I can only assume the cream and butter take away the bitterness of the chocolate.
- 200g 85% or Higher Cocoa Chocolate
- 100ml Single Cream
- 100g Unsalted Butter cubed.
- 4 x Eggs - Seperated into Whites (large bowl) Yolks (smaller bowl)
- 4 TBSP Stevia or Other Sweetener
- 1tsp Salt
- Butter for greasing the cake tin
- Cake Tin (I used a 10" tin)
- Preheat oven to 160c
- Place a large mixing bowl over a pan of water on a medium heat & break up your chocolate and allow it to melt, adding in the butter till all is melted and you have a smooth mixture.
- Add in your 100ml of cream and combine well. Allow the whole mixture to cool.
- Add your salt to your egg whites and beat until stiff peaks, I highly recommend a elecrtic whisk.
- Take your chocolatly mixture and add in one egg yolk at a time, making sure they are fully mixed in before adding the next (Again I used my electric whisk).
- Next add 1/3 of your egg whites and fold them in with gentle movements, do the same with the 2nd 1/3 and the last 1/3.
- Once smooth, grease your cake tin with some butter and pour in your mixure, smoothing over the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 mintues.
- I sliced mine into 12 slices once cool.
- I served mine with 20ml of cream per slice.
If you give this receipe a go, please let me know how you got on and share a photo with me 🙂 And checkout my other Keto recipes