Magic Poached Egg, with Chilli, Coloured Tomatos and Smashed Avocado Butter on a Wholemeal Rye.
What i used to make 1 portion:
- 1 slice of wholemeal rye bread (£1 a loaf in asda).
- 1/4 Avocado.
- 3 Cherry tomato, i used a mixed colour as they were in Aldi’s Super 6 this week.
- 1 shallot.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 red chilli
- olive oil
- First i finely sliced half the chili, onion and halved the tomato’s and scooped out the pulp.
- Next i lay a large piece of cling film on the work, rub the middle with a little olive oil then scatter the chilli over the middle, then crack the egg into the middle, pick up the sides and tie, making sure no air is left.
- Bring a pan of water to a simmer and add the tomato’s for 40 seconds then remove and chop into smaller pieces. Then once done add your egg and poach for around 6 minutes.
- While the egg is poaching mix the chopped tomato’s and shallot with a little oil, peel you avo and smash it with a fork finally put the bread in the toaster.
- Once the toast is ready spread over the avo, then scatter the tomato and shallot mixture, by now your egg will be ready remove from the clingfilm and place onto the toast.