- Angus & Onion Burgers
- Tomato & Basil Burgers
- Buffalo Rainbow Skewers
- Chinese Chicken & Mushroom skewers
- Chicken Tikka & Onion Skewers
- Chicken Tikka Skewers.
Having worked with Tongmaster Seasonings for many years now, And after reviewing some of the products available, and getting some amazing results and getting a nice response from readers, I have managed to get a 20% discount code renewed again right through to 2021. for you all to use when you shop direct on the Tongmaster website.
They stock a HUGE range of “make your own” supplies, from seasonings to tools and accessories for use at home or in catering.
Checkout our healthy turkey meatballs using the meatball seasoning. https://www.akeencook.co.uk/all-recipes/healthy-turkey-meatballs-tongmaster-seasonings-review/
Or the Basil & Tomato burgers that result in people wanting more.
Simple use code “britishbbq” and get your discount 20% discount on, https://www.tongmaster.co.uk
Tongmaster Seasonings Discount Code at the bottom of this post.
Homemade Doner Kebab Meat. After doing much research in how chip shop kebab meat is made, i found that very rarely is a kebab actually lamb. So with that in mind i made a 50% lamb 50% beef kebab. Which in the end gave a very good flavour and if it was cooked on a spit, would be as good as if not better then a chip shop version.
What you need to make 1kg of kebab as shown in my photos.
- 500g Lamb Mince 20% Fat (I used ALDI’s)
- 500g Beef Mince 20% Fat (I used Tesco’s)
- 100g Tongmaster Doner Kebab Seasoning.
What i did first was mix the lamb and beef mince in a bowl just to get them mixed up a little, then added the 100g of seasonings and mixed till it was all used up and a smooth paste. This took a while as the ratio of seasoning to mince is 1/10. But at the end you should have mince that looks like this.
Now i needed to put the mixture into a loaf tin that would fit, i got one from Poundland which as you can see was the perfect size. So if you don’t have one get down the £1 shop 🙂
Now i popped it in the oven for 25 mins @ 180c, once 25 mins was up i turned it out of the tin, wrapped in foil and placed it onto a baking tray for a further 20 mins again at 180c.
Once out the oven leave for 10-15 minutes to rest then sliced as thin as possible.
Finally you can serve, i served a few slices in a wholemeal wrap with loads of salad to keep to calories down. However you can see from the photo at the top the classic pitta also works very well.
It had a mild-medium spice and was enjoyed all around.
Don’t forget to order your seasoning, Here
Tongmaster Seasonings Discount Code “britishbbq”
Magic Poached Egg, with Chilli, Coloured Tomatos and Smashed Avocado Butter on a Wholemeal Rye.
What i used to make 1 portion:
- 1 slice of wholemeal rye bread (£1 a loaf in asda).
- 1/4 Avocado.
- 3 Cherry tomato, i used a mixed colour as they were in Aldi’s Super 6 this week.
- 1 shallot.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 red chilli
- olive oil
- First i finely sliced half the chili, onion and halved the tomato’s and scooped out the pulp.
- Next i lay a large piece of cling film on the work, rub the middle with a little olive oil then scatter the chilli over the middle, then crack the egg into the middle, pick up the sides and tie, making sure no air is left.
- Bring a pan of water to a simmer and add the tomato’s for 40 seconds then remove and chop into smaller pieces. Then once done add your egg and poach for around 6 minutes.
- While the egg is poaching mix the chopped tomato’s and shallot with a little oil, peel you avo and smash it with a fork finally put the bread in the toaster.
- Once the toast is ready spread over the avo, then scatter the tomato and shallot mixture, by now your egg will be ready remove from the clingfilm and place onto the toast.
- ASDA Good & Balanced Wholewheat Noodles
- ASDA Grower’s Selection Rainbow Vegetable Stir-Fry
- ASDA Grower’s Selection Sizzlin’ Singapore Stir Fry Sauce
All 3 packets suggested 2 servings which made life even easier, and the cooking well, it was as simple as 1, 2, 3!
- Heat 5ml oil in a wok and stir fry the veg for 5 mins, put to one side.
- Heat 5ml oil in a wok and stir fry the noodles, put to one side.
- While the wok was hot, pour in the sauce, remove from the heat and re-add the veg, fry for a further minute then Serve.
Once done this meal contained