I recently discovered this Jerk Seasoning from Dunn’s River, however it came with no instructions or suggestions on how to use it.
Having scoured the internet, watching endless youtube video’s and a fair few trail runs, I’ve come up with a recipe that pleases everyone.
The ingredients are simple, most are probably in your cupboard.
Simply combine them all, score your chicken and marinade for a few hours or overnight.
At this point you can prepare your Potatoes, simply place them between two spoons so that you can score them but without cutting fully through. Or do it while you pre heat your oven when you’re ready to cook. Toss them in the butter and roast for 40 minutes with the chicken, see the recipe card below for full guide.
Be sure not to overlay the chicken as you want it all to crisp
Once it’s done place it on a wire rack on your grill pan, you could also finish on the BBQ.
Then pour your chicken juices over the part cooked potatoes, I did half and half just in case someone didn’t like them, which was a waste of time as they VANISHED off the plates.
- 2 Tbsp Dunn's River Jerk Seasoning
- 2 Garlic Cloves - Crushed
- 1 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Thyme Leaves
- 1 Lime or Lemon or 2 Tbsp Bottled Lemon Juice
- 1 KG Chicken Legs (Drumsticks, Wings, Whole Chicken also work)
- 800g New Potatoes
- 25g Butter
- Mix the Soy Sauce, Garlic, Honey, Dunn's River Jerk Seasoning, Chilli Flakes, Honey, Thyme & Lemon / Lime juice to form a marinade in a large bowl
- Score down the legs on both sides down to the bone several times.
- Tip the marinade over your chicken and really work it in with your hands,
- Place back into the bowl and marinade for a minimum of 3 hours, but overnight if possible
- 20 Minutes before you're ready to cook, preheat your oven to 160c.
- Take two wooden spoons place them side by side so that you can score you potatoes without going too deep. Score about 3mm apart across all the potatoes.
- Place 25g of butter into a roasting pan big enough to hold your potatoes on a single layer (i used two smaller pans), and pop it into the oven for 5 minutes to melt.
- Once your oven is ready, place the chicken into a large roasting tin making sure nothing is overlaying.
- Remove your pans from the oven with the melted butter and add in your potatoes, tossing them so the butter covers all of the potatoes, season with salt and pepper.
- Place your chicken & potatoes in the oven for 40 minutes, turning the chicken halfway through.
- After 30 minutes preheat your grill on it's highest setting
- After 40 minutes since step 10, check the chicken is cooked at the thickest point and remove from the oven, and place them onto the grill pan wire rack.
- Remove your potatoes from the oven, up the temp to 200c and pour over any juices from the chicken tray and toss, or just toss them in the butter again, both result in amazing potatoes.
- Return the potatoes to the oven for 20 minutes till crispy, 10 minutes in place the chicken under the grill for around 3-5 minutes until blackened then flip over and do the same to the other side.
- Serve straight away, with a creamy coleslaw.
Any cut of chicken will work, just adjust the cooking time where needed.